Our Reading Ambassadors are children from Year 2 – Year 6 who are passionate about sharing their love of reading across our whole school. They open our ‘Landing Library’ each week so shared reading can take place. They are also responsible for ‘Breaktime Books’ being able to be shared at breaktimes and a host of other things!
We really love reading at our school and celebrate our love of reading by:
- Prioritising the teaching of early reading, so all children are fluent in their early years.
- Teaching engaging and rich reading lessons which instil a love of reading and deep understanding.
- Holding monthly ‘Reading Buddies’ sessions where children share books with friends and family.
- Encouraging children to read at every minute, of every day – opening the library at lunchtime and providing break-time books at morning break.
- Enriching reading experiences through special events.
- Sharing copies of the ‘No Shelf Control’ reading newsletter which can be found below